Dr. Daniel Wesche
Landmark Head of School
At Landmark we believe that every student can and should be prepared to impact the world for Jesus Christ. A student prepared for impact is one who has a deepening relationship with Christ, is growing in one’s ability to lead oneself and others, and who is discovering, developing, and stewarding one’s God-given gifts and talents. At Landmark, we have the opportunity to prepare students to impact the world in the context of a college preparatory education and in covenantal partnership with Christian families.
Every student prepared to impact the world for Jesus Christ.
Our vision at Landmark Christian School is clear; Every student prepared to impact the world for Jesus Christ. We strive to be a Christian school in essence – that Christ is a part of all we do. A Landmark education transforms the heart as well as the mind. The impact of Landmark on a student can be life-defining; and our students, in turn, graduate ready to impact others.
Landmark Christian School partners with Christian families by equipping college-bound students to embrace a Christ-centered worldview, grow as servant leaders and steward God’s unique purpose for their lives.
Landmark serves Christian families through vital partnership. During the school year, students will spend the vast majority of their time either at school or involved with school related activities. Landmark helps families steward this time well with mentors, teachers, and coaches who support rather than undermine the foundation of Christian values that families have laid for their children.
A Landmark education prepares students for success at the collegiate level, and a robust college-guidance program helps families identify the college that is the right fit for each student. Each year, 100% of our seniors are accepted to a college program. With opportunity for 26 dual enrollment credits, 100% of students moving on to college, and 11 million of scholarship dollars above and beyond HOPE and Zell Miller, Landmark graduates are well equipped for the next step of their journey.
At Landmark we are all about Jesus. Education is never neutral, and we are unapologetically committed to helping our students deepen their relationship with Christ. Our robust Christian Life program includes daily Culture and Worldview classes, weekly chapels, service opportunities, mission trips, and retreats. However, our identity as a Christ-centered community permeates every aspect of school life, from academics, to arts, to athletics.
Landmark students are uniquely prepared to lead themselves and others through nationally recognized leadership programming. While many schools offer student government roles and some community service, Landmark students hone the real skills necessary for successful leadership in the real world through our Leadership Academy curriculum. Moving from the classroom to challenging adventures while spelunking or whitewater rafting to real-world leadership responsibilities, Landmark students are challenged and equipped to grow as servant leaders.
God designed each student purposefully to impact the world for Jesus Christ. Whether it be through excellent academics, one of our unique academy pathways, a personalized capstone project, championship athletics, or award winning fine arts, thousands of students have discovered and developed the gifts God had planned for them. We would love to help your children find theirs.
What We Believe
We believe Christian education is about helping each student see all of life through the lens of Scripture. To that end, we point to Christ in every subject and through every relationship. Whether through Academics, Athletics or Fine Arts, biblical teaching is at the heart of everything we do.
- In elementary, students come to understand that God created the world and has a plan for them and their relationships. The truth of God’s good news for our lives and the grand story of redemption permeates everything we do.
- In middle school, students come understand the biblical view of knowledge and truth. They are pointed to their identity in Christ and the call to love God and love others.
- In high school, students prepare for the lifetime of kingdom impact that God has planned for them. They gain a biblical view of ethics, global engagement, and leadership based on the pattern of Christ.
Landmark Core Values
- To apply God’s truth in our daily lives is our ultimate goal. It is our desire to learn God’s truth and be transformed by it on a daily basis. We know this will occur only as we apply His truth moment by moment, empowered by His Holy Spirit. James 1:22
- To serve others is a choice we make every day. Jesus modeled and commanded that we serve one another. As we serve others, we not only minister to them, but our hearts grow as well. A heart willing to serve is a prerequisite for being a true servant leader. Colossians 3:23
- A passion for excellence will be evident in all we do. Jesus gave His best for us; our lives will be gifts back to Him. We will demonstrate a passion for excellence in our relationship with Christ, in our relationship with each other, in academics, in athletics, in the arts, in our work ethic, and in every area of our lives. Matthew 20:26
- We will embrace diversity and value every student. We are all created in God’s image. We can grow and develop to our full potential as we learn from and love people who are not like us. Galatians 3:28
- We will build a community of love and grace. As recipients of God’s grace, we will show grace to others. This will manifest itself in countless ways; including kindness, encouragement, forgiveness, and love for those we come in contact with every day. John 13:34-35
Board of Trustees
Justin Miller is the Co-Founder and CEO of CARE for AIDS, a nonprofit serving families affected by HIV/AIDS in East Africa. Justin is an alum of Landmark (class of 2005). Justin and his wife, Lindsay, have a daughter, Addie, and two sons, Finn and Logan.
Kirsten and her husband Benjamin Watson are the proud parents of 7 kids. Kirsten worked in the nonprofits before moving across the country with her husband's NFL career. Kirsten is also the executive editor of MomLife Today and is the author of Sis, Take A Breath.
Eric and his wife, Annie, are the proud parents of Lucy, Isaac, and Jack. Eric is a Senior Vice President-Investment Officer with the Worrell Wealth Management Group of Wells Fargo Advisors. He brings 12 years of financial and strategic planning experience to the board. Eric is a proud Landmark War Eagle (Class of 2004).
James and his wife, Michele, are the parents of Donovan, Evan, and Lauryn. James is an Advisory Principal at ThoughtWorks, a global management and technology consultancy. He also serves on the school's Development Council.
Bruce is the Founder and CEO of City of Refuge, Inc., a non-profit organization focused on offering restorative services for those experiencing homelessness as well as survivors of sex trafficking and exploitation. Bruce and his wife, Rhonda, are parents of 5 daughters, all graduates of Landmark.
Heather MacHarg is an education advocate and proud mother to four Landmark students. Heather’s early career was with Chick-fil-A Corporate, managing Operational Support to restaurants nationwide. Heather and her husband, Skip, are the parents of Connor, Emily, Molly, and Hudson.
Michelle McAteer is a Marketing Consultant and brings to the Board talents in the areas of marketing, communication and fund raising. Michelle currently serves on the Finance Committee and is helping develop the Landmark strategic marketing plan. Michelle and her husband Bob are the parents of Xander,and Julianne.
Aaron Coe is the Founder and CEO of Future City Now. Aaron leads a team of problem solvers who specialize in organizational strategies, marketing, donor development and execution. With a Ph.D. in Applied Theology, Aaron is passionate about living on mission and making a way for people to engage with the world. Aaron and his wife, Carmen, live in Atlanta, GA with their four children.
Kylie White is an Auburn graduate in Psychology. She and her husband John are parents to Reese, Wheeler, Maran, and Levi. Kylie has volunteered in philanthropy for the last 7 years as an ambassador and Board member for CARE for AIDS. She also serves in various council and committee roles for their family business..
Lukas and his wife, Angel, are the proud parents of Luke and Parker. Lukas received his undergraduate degree from Wake Forest and his MBA from Northwestern. He currently leads a team of Financial Consultants at Chick-fil-A. He has also volunteered as a Landmark Middle School coach for baseball and basketball.
I Want To...
Come to an Open House or Campus Tour Day event, or receive an individual tour given by our Admissions team.
We love questions! Contact us today so we can help you see if Landmark is a great fit for your family!
Come soar with us! Click to get started with the admissions process.