Arête Endorsement Program
Arête Endorsement Program Overview
Landmark’s Arête Endorsement Program represents learning for life. Endorsement pathways allow students to enrich their educational experience by creating an individualized sequence of study in an area of interest beyond core academic coursework. The Arête Program is distinct as an intersection of personalized learning, depth of study, real world skills, and demonstrable achievement (e.g., original compositions and productions in commercial music, original films, R&D portfolio/prototypes in engineering). Program participation requires meaningful investment in co-curricular activities and provides students with memorable and engaging experiences, within which they develop agency and ownership regarding their education. It’s learning for life.
Become An Arête Scholar
- An outline of coursework to be undertaken (on or off campus).
- Identification of an expert mentor and/or advisory committee.
- A plan for approved independent study (e.g., Private music lessons offered at Landmark, flight simulator hours, external coursework, a summer project in Engineering/Film, etc.).
- Plans for the presentation of a “capstone project”: a portfolio of original work and/or in-field recognition (e.g., release of portfolio work on Spotify, presentation of R&D portfolio/prototype for engineering, obtaining personal pilot’s license).
What areas of focus are available?
Landmark offers endorsements within the Fine Arts, STEM, Humanities, and Impact Leadership. Within each of these categories exist a wide variety of opportunities ranging from film to fashion and engineering to leadership. The possibilities are endless.
Explore the Pathways
Students earn independent study hours through participating in internships, freelance skills application for client needs, retailing their designs, or their capstone collection-making process. The capstone project is a collection of 10-12 looks designed and made by each student, accompanied by their portfolio for the creation of the collection. Their collections will be showcased in a yearly Landmark Fashion Show.
As part of the Landmark Academy of the Arts, the Performing Arts Pathway prepares students for a concentration in areas that include Acting/Theatre, Dance, Instrumental Music, Music Theatre, Vocal Music, or a combined concentration. This independent study program is for students looking to expand upon their core arts classes and take a deeper, more individualized dive into the subject area that the student is passionate about.
Recent Work From Arête Scholars
- A multi-modal quantitative analysis of the impact of VAR during its inaugural season in the Premier League.
- An analysis of the correlation between environmental factors and the occurrence of hip dysplasia in dogs.
- Making Space to learn: an assessment of school architecture and its impact on Learning, culminating with the Redesign of a Space on campus.
- An analysis of the opioid crisis and its systemic effects upon healthcare in GA.
- An analysis of persuasive appeals and campaign strategy in the age of Twitter politics.
- Understanding history through poetic artifacts, the power of poetry as a lens into the past.
- The creation of an Aviation STEM module for implementation in a middle school course of study.
- The healthcare gap: assessing doctors’ perceptions of health disparities across socioeconomic and racial/ethnic divisions.
- Primed to perform: the development of a throwing program for high school track and field athletes.
- An analysis of brain mapping and holistic approaches to ADHD management in adolescents.
- The development of a social media marketing campaign and corresponding internship.
- Musical scoring within videography: the creation of original work and an assessment of its effectiveness at eliciting the desired response from the audience.
- A mathematical study of the relationship between two-dimensional and three-dimensional phase spaces in dynamical billiards.
- A historical analysis of Russian/Western relations as a contextualizing lens for viewing the conflict in Crimea.
- An assessment of the integration of live performance in the teaching of music history.
I Want To...
Come to an Open House or Campus Tour Day event, or receive an individual tour given by our Admissions team.
We love questions! Contact us today so we can help you see if Landmark is a great fit for your family!
Come soar with us! Click to get started with the admissions process.